Keswicklemon is a blog by artist Michael Holland from Lancashire england. Its an archive of projects artwork music photographs collections and writings. not many people follow me and there are way too many blogs in the world but this one is simply just for me to keep my ideas from disappearing into nothingness.

Monday 4 August 2008

List : Miranda July

Without really being aware of it i absolutely love making lists i think i would have done a list of favorite Sinatra albums in the last post but i didnt have enough knowledge to make a comprehensive list! So following on from the Paraphilia list am making a project out of lists starting with today's list that came out of my little trip to Shropshire this weekend. My friend Hannah Black lent me a book called 'No One Belongs Here More Than You'. NoOneBelongsHereMoreThanYou

Miranda July is the lady who directed You And Me And Everyone We Know i think she's brilliant, her work is all about being real and positive even if you are not one of those people who finds their live is happening correctly. I often feel like my life is a bit of a struggle and i dont feel particularly lucky most of the time well maybe i am lucky. the point is, like a lot of people i really relate to her characters. i guess things always happen for a reason and Hannah Black was meant to give me that book to read.

here is my first official list

I wrote abit on the back for her a bit of an explanation, i'm feeling really positive and useful at the moment really enjoying not having a job to go too and being skint is quite nice. I got the chance to go Woofing (working on an organic farm) this weekend it was incredible. sue and mike really made it a brilliant trip for me letting me camp in their lovely garden. Sylvia asked me to go and laughed her way through the entire weekend and Hannah was as embarrassed as any teenager would be of her outgoing and talkative mother. i need more trips like that to keep me inspired. i guess i was very lucky this time. Clun was the best summer holiday i have had in years and years! here's the note on the back of the list; my undiluted thoughts at the time of starting the list, i was actually writing in the rain sat in a tent listening to frank sinatra!


we all went to the clun carnival on saturday morning sue even won some prizes for her vegtables and i got up earlier than i have for a long time to walk dogs before breakfast. Sues amazing cooking kept me energized enough to go for a couple of miles walk before i needed any fuel!



I'm really glad Hannah lent me the book; it sometimes takes one thing to trigger a whole series of realizations and one thing leads to another and before you know it you have a whole series of ideas sprouting. Sylvia Black said "Sharing and giving is a woman thing". oh and here is a pretty cool people interview with Miranda July Link

No comments: