Keswicklemon is a blog by artist Michael Holland from Lancashire england. Its an archive of projects artwork music photographs collections and writings. not many people follow me and there are way too many blogs in the world but this one is simply just for me to keep my ideas from disappearing into nothingness.

Friday 18 July 2008

02 Ono She Knows



Second Ono release is a combined effort basically me and martyn (Mooken) sat down one day and i was playing him loads of tracks from my collection that i was excited about and we decided to try and make a mix out of them. everything from early hardcore , to Raymond Scott American electronic music. This is all stuff that i had been collecting up until that mix came out and it took a long long time to mix all this together. Martyn spent days and days mixing these tracks getting it perfect making sure the flow is just right. Martyn is a perfectionist and this cd is my favorite mix just because its so perfect. The track list reads like a really brilliantly constructed journey through my record collection circa 2006-2007. Me and Martyn were both really proud of this cd. I must also say that a lot of the tracks i found out about through working at baked goods distribution and shopping at Pelikanneck in Manchester the staff at baked goods at that time tipped me off about many of the tracks on this mix. Gavin actually gave me a copy of the white noise album while we had already mixed most of the cd and Martyn and i both liked it so much it had to be included! Conor at boomkat also really helped out and gave me feedback on our "work in progress" so thank you to Conor too. Howie and Simon at baked played me many of the tracks on the cd and gave me so much encouragement along the way. Mlz gave me that born under a rhyming planet record. Simon Tipped me off about Moondog, Si was also the reason i was working there in the first place, thank you Simon. Howie gave me the Tod Dockstader creel pone and also turned me on to Thomas Stronen and also Ryoji Ikeda. John Xela is clearly responsible for my knowledge Machinefabriek and Oren Ambarchi and countless other bits along the way. i could go on and on. i suppose i just wanted to give thanks where thanks is due. These were my friends at the time i was making this cd with martyn and they all unknowingly contributed.

this is the press sheet:
abel : ono
title : she knows
cat no : ONO she knows
release date : ??.3.2007


“She Knows” is an adventure of investigation into music made with voices and electronic instruments. Music Contained in this mix are sounds from the 1950s up until the present day, these tracks are bound together by their personalities to make something new. “She Knows” is a mix more than just a dj mix it is a series of quotations taken from the infinite spectrum of sound available to us in this new post crate digging internet age. Martyn ‘mooken’ Lester has constructed this over a number of months while studying for his masters degree in gynacology at the university of Istanbul. Mr Lemon, first name Keswick has had input into the construction. helping by guiding the sequencing and doing all of the digging and investigation into the music.

What Anne Savage said about a previous mix by mooken

“Wow! This whisks me right back to the good old days but with a forward thinking twist. Great !”

Tracklist for Mooken & Lemon : {Ono : She Knows}


1. Luciano Berio : Visage
2. Raymond Scott : Ripples Montage
3. Soccer Committee : Carps (Machinefabriek Remix)
4. Ryoji ikeda Data Flex
5. Ryoji ikeda Data Reflex
6. Duo B&B : Licktronica A
7. Born Under a Rhyming Planet :Analog Heaven on Beat Off Beat Style
8. Todd Dockstader : Pond Dance.
9. Raymond Scott : Awake + Nescafe
10.Thomas Stronen : Dispatches 11 Obeng Ungu & Jalan Buntu (with Group Uang Wayang of Palembang):
12.Raymond Scott : Lightworks
13.Moondog Tree Frog
14.Moondog : Symphony 1 (Timberwolf)
15.Moondog : Dragons teeth
16.White Noise : My Game of Loving
17.Oren Ambarchi : Corkscrew
18.Kaman Leung : Untitled
19.Dj Dexter : Soundman dub
20.Mutamassik : Shaky Knees
21.Iannis Xenakis: Komboi
22.Sidechop : Basschurn (Lytle & Parsons mix)
23.Lil Louis : God is Watching U
24.Boris Police Band : Dont Go
25.Jammer : Rocks Out
26.Dj Producer : Ode 2 Death Row
27.Dj Scud: No Love
28.Raymond Scott : Bassline Generator
29.Stockhausen and Walkman : Deluxe Nipples
30.E.G Oblique Graph : Extreme Faction remix

Discogs Link
Boomkat Link
Full colour artwork

1 comment:

p o w e r said...

Hello There

I hope this won't sound too gushing but whilst there's loads of stuff out there that's quality, this stuff on Ono is proper.

I have only heard the clips on boomkat and I can tell you I'm very happy. Just reading what's in the mixes is inspiring.

I can't wait to test my neighbours

Cheers