Keswicklemon is a blog by artist Michael Holland from Lancashire england. Its an archive of projects artwork music photographs collections and writings. not many people follow me and there are way too many blogs in the world but this one is simply just for me to keep my ideas from disappearing into nothingness.

Thursday 24 July 2008

Records

i just found this article on the history of the use and misuse of records. it got me thinking ...

i have just sent emails to a lot of my friends asking them to submit a 5 min track each for a minidisk only compilation. since reading this and the ideas contained in this collection of writings about all these pioneers making so many different advancements. the information held in this bit of writing is so so inspirational to me i get excited every time i find something like this. Christian Marclay "Record Player" was the last time i felt like this. i find that i become productive when i create tasks for myself you have to keep finding things to throw yourself into. Danny and Isaac both told me that they really enjoyed making the poetry releases because they had something to aim at. most of the time all we need is a starting point to get us on the ladder and moving toward producing worthwhile work. The tag "ART" was always something that i found difficult to aspire to, not believing in my own work was something i always suffered. most of the time i didnt have a task to complete i didnt create projects for myself to work through. i realise that people need boundaries to break them down. its obvious really and i suppose you just need to learn these kind of things yourself through working things out. since completing my fine art degree 3 years ago and making little work in the time since i'm only now realising that i have been working all along without realizing what my own method of working actually was. thinking outside the box is really what i needed to be doing all along and somehow i am an artist again.

No comments: